Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sharon or ewelady

I'd like to introduce myself. I'm one of the Yarnettes at the Yarn Garden. I started out as a casual visitor last summer, first coming for a sale. The owner, Denise, recognized me as a neighbor who she would see knitting on my front patio when she drove by. It took a couple of invits from her before I got up the courage to come and knit at the shop. But am I glad I did. I felt at home immediately and came every chance I could. I was still working as a Real Estate Appraiser so I would show up whenever I had some spare time. I retired in March and am now a fixture at the shop helping Denise keep the yarn in order. I'm one of those people who likes to keep everything neat and tidy. Denise is the creative type so I think we compliment each other. I have made some great new friends, and have the pleasure of being surrounded by fabulous fibers as I knit and socialize to my hearts content. What a great retirement!!

No comments:

Post a Comment